Squamish Montessori School Ltd (SMS Ltd) requires three (2) Early Childhood Educator Assistants for August 1st 2019
· Responible Adult (RA) Certification
· Required to enroll in Early Childhood Education Assitant Course Online while employed
· Montessori classroom experience required
· Interest in continuing professional development
· English language position, French an asset
· Care for 12 month to 30 month or 30 month to school age children.
· Direct children to productive activities.
· Always use language that is consistent with the instruction the children have received. When in doubt ask the Guide or the kids what something is called.
· Represent Squamish Montessori School in a professional manner at all times
· Care for the children, providing a warm and safe environment.
· Must enjoy children and have lots of energy for daily activities.
· Maintain the classroom to include daily and weekly routine cleaning activities during breaks as needed and at the end of each day which include but are not limited to;
Sweeping floors, cleaning tables, cleaning dishes, disinfecting materials and supplies, laundry (as required)
Assist with taking children to the bathroom as required.
Provide feedback to the Educator/Guide on any concerns observed within the classroom.
Maintain daily dialogue with teacher with respect to their role in the classroom and the well-being of the children
Participate in any professional Development events as required.
Share in kitchen/hallway and bathroom cleaning.
Ten-month renewable contract reviewed annually (summer employment available)
Hourly wage $18 for 40-hour work week. Wage review yearly.
Competitive benefits package including 80 % dental and 80% prescription drugs plan
Paid Family Medical Service Plan (MSP)
· Professional development opportunities
· A supportive and respectful work environment
Qualified applicants can send cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: SMS GUIDE
Business Head Office: 1986 Birch Drive, Squamish, BC, V8B 0W5 604-892-1180
Job Location: 42000 Loggers Lane, Suite 103, Squamish BC, V8B 0H3
Tagged as: early childhood education and care