Founded in June 2017, Food On Time (a brand name of Funtech Software Inc.) offers Chinese lunch and dinner preparation, production and delivery services to approximately 200 customers every day in Greater Vancouver area, including Richmond, Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, and Coquitlam. The mobile App Food On Time allows customers to log in and choose their desire dishes from the daily-changing menu. The food is prepared and produced in a central kitchen on the first floor of the company, which is clean, organized, and sterilized regularly. The manager’s office, staff office and meeting room are on the second floor, which is easy to communicate and to guarantee efficient and transparent management.
Currently, the company has four full-time employees and eight part-time employees. Due to the fast-growing business, we are inviting more qualified and enthusiastic candidates to join our team.
Job Description/Duties and Responsibilities
· To draft food preparation and production plan for the entire month at the beginning of each month, and to decide on daily menu according to customers’ feedbacks from the previous month; to communicate sufficiently and thoroughly with the food suppliers before finalizing the plan to avoid using raw materials or ordering spices that are too costly or unnecessary;
· To order raw materials and spices based on the quantities consumed in the previous week at the beginning of each week; to place orders with the suppliers and arrange for delivery times;
· To arrange for kitchen employees’ shifts according to daily sales prediction;
· To receive and check the quality and quantity of raw materials when they arrive daily, and to communicate with suppliers immediately to take urgent measures if any problem occurs, and to report to the owner in a timely manner;
· To supervise kitchen staff when they prep the raw materials in accordance with the regulations of Health Canada, which requires extensive knowledge in the raw materials, preparation, production and presentation of Chinese food;
· To arrive at the company at 8 AM, and to manage the food processing of the kitchen;
· To assign each chef their responsibilities of the day;
· To assure the taste and quality of the dishes, and to ensure that the hygiene conditions are in compliance with the standards of Health Canada;
· To manage the daily cleanup and sterilization after food production;
· To review and summarize feedbacks from customers on a daily basis in an effort to adjust and optimize food production process in the future;
· To ensure the smooth running of kitchen and equipment;
· To research and develop new dishes based on customers’ feedbacks and sales history;
· To assist the owner to hire, train, oversee, and retain employees.
· High school diploma or secondary vocational diploma is required;
· Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma or other vocational programs relate to hospitality or food and beverage is preferred;
· At least five years of Chinese food preparation experience is preferred;
· At least two years of Chinese food kitchen management experience is preferred;
· Knowledge of Chinese cooking methods, such as stir-fry in a wok;
· Intermediate level of English is required; sophisticated level of Mandarin Chinese is highly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Annual Salary: $58000-61000
Entitled to all statutory holidays
Entitled to overtime payment of an hourly wage of 1.5 times of standard wage
Entitled to a 2-week annual vacation after 12 consecutive months of employment
Work-related Insurance from WorkSafeBC
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
HR Contact Information
Name: Nick Feng
Address：9015 Shaughenssy, Vancouver BC V6P 6R9
Tagged as: food manager, food service